HND in Fashion Business
|10th June 2013 / 7th October 2013||18 or 20 months||London|
The Higher National Diploma (HND) in Fashion Business is your chance to delve into the contemporary fashion industry, enabling you to work within a multitude of professional roles. This is a vocational business course for those who want to work in this fast-paced and creative environment, and are looking to develop a competitive edge. The course is well suited for those students interested in gaining an invaluable insight into the key sectors of fashion marketing, retail, PR, journalism and management.
To facilitate your progress into a career in fashion business, you will be encouraged to think analytically, as an individual, and to work effectively within a team. Your core subject areas will cover fashion trends and consumer behaviour; fashion promotion and marketing; managing financial resources and decisions, as well as business ethics.
This programme is taught in partnership with LSBF academic faculty
This two year programme, consisting of 16 modules, is designed to give you an understanding of both the technical and practical aspects of the fashion and textile industry.
- Fashion Promotion and Marketing
- Managing a Creative Business
- Business Environment
- Cultural Understanding in Fashion
- Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business
- Managing Business Activities to Achieve Results
- Business Ethics
- Business Practice in Art and Design
- Management of the Design and Production Process
- Professional Practice in Art and Design
- Research and Development for Fashion Design
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Pathway Option 1
- Pathway Option 2
- Work Experience
- Research Project
The vocational nature of the Higher National Diploma makes it incredibly valuable to both you and your future employer, and can be used to progress onto the final year of a BA degree or to fast-track onto a Postgraduate Diploma. If you are considering a career in the world of fashion business, this is the professional course for you.
Edexcel, UK's largest awarding body offers high quality, professional and innovative programmes. The Edexcel Company is widely known and respected by employers. This programme is equivalent to the first two years of a Bachelor's Degree and upon successful completion of the BTEC qualification you may wish to top-up your HND by studying a further year at a university to complete a degree (subject to entry requirements).
- Minimum age, 18 years old
- Full secondary education. Minimum 4 GCSE’s (Grade C or above). Minimum of 2 A levels (Grade D or above) for UK applicants.
- English proficiency: PTE 51 (minimum: Listening 51, Reading 51, Speaking 51, Writing 51) or equivalent, IELTS 5.5 (minimum: Listening 5.5, Reading 5.5, Speaking 5.5, Writing 5.5) or equivalent, TOEFL 87 (minimum: Reading 22, Writing 21, Listening 21, Speaking 23) or equivalent
- Mature students (over 21) are accepted, subject to professional references - significant work experience and motivation.
To apply for the course you can download an application form below or alternatively fill out an enquiry form and we will send one out.
To request more information please fill in the following form: